Dr. Sanu Rani Paul, Assistant Professor, Mr.Hifajatali, Assistant Professor, & Mr. R Radhakrishnan, Assistant Professor are the Incharges of The Examination Department of SLS, Hyderabad and assisted by the coordinators, Mr. Yadagiri, Mr. Sayeed Anwar and Ms. Bolledhula Priyanka. The Examination Department of SLS, Hyderabad is responsible for conducting the Tutorials, Re-tests, and Final Exams as per the policy of Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune.
The first purpose of assessment is to determine whether students have achieved the learning outcomes and fulfilled the academic requirements of the course and the modules within it, (as stated in the course specification and the University's general educational aims) and attained the standard required for the award to which it leads.
GRADING AND RESULTS:
All the programmes of the university shall follow the total credits as recommended by the Board of Studies and approved by the Academic Council and will adhere to the distribution of continuous evaluation and term-end examination prescribed in the approved Programme structure.
|O ( Outstanding)
|A (Very Good)
B (Above Average)
|C ( Average)
The grading of students will be done based on the relative performance of the students compared to the class.
The evaluation will be conducted in Internal (40%) and External Assessment (60%) formats. Internal evaluation is conducted as follows:
|MARKS FOR Continuous Evaluation
||Minimum Number of components for Continuous Evaluation
|Less Than 25
||2 to 3
||3 to 5
||6 to 9
External Evaluation is conducted for 60% of marks at the end of the semester. It consists of ten objectives questions, 2 marks each (20 marks), and number subjective questions, with the internal choice will be given based on the credits of the course.
Suggested Evaluation Methods of Internal Assessment:
Continuous evaluation tests
Presentation/ Viva/ MCQs/ Quiz
Case presentations and discussions
Book reviews / Movie reviews
Open book examination
EXAM PROCESS STARTS WITH ASSESSMENT SCHEDULE FOR INTERNAL ASSESSMENT:
1. Exam process comprises of Internal Assessment and External Assessment
2. Internal Examination Results are declared within 10 days from the date of examination.
1. After 90 days and 60 hours of teaching of instruction and preparatory holidays, the External Semester-end examination commences
2. Time-Table is displayed on the Notice-Board and sent through the bulk mail.
3. Students apply for the Examination by clicking ‘ACCEPT FORM’ which is generated on the Official Website
4. Attendance below 75% fall under TNG (Term Not Granted) or CNG (Course Not Granted) and are not permitted to write their examination.
5. The students falling under TNG and CNG have to take their examinations as the ‘backlogs’.
6. The final results shall be declared within 30 working days, from the date of the last exam.
Internal Assessment Schedule