The Examination Department at Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad is headed by Director Dr. M. I Baig and assisted by In-Charge Mr. Srinivas Methuku Asst. Professor and Coordinator Ms. Nalini Rani. The entire evaluation of examination is as per the rules and guidelines of the Symbiosis International University, Pune. As per the policy of the Symbiosis International University, there will be a continuous and progressive evaluation system is adopted to evaluate the learner’s ability to develop analytical skills and decision making power. The Examination Department of SLS, Hyderabad looking after the end to end process of the students assessment by conducting Tutorials, Final Exams, Re-tests, Allocation of Invigilators, Preparing Seating Plan, Addressing Revaluation Queries, Declaration of Results etc.
The first purpose of assessment is to determine whether students have achieved the learning outcomes and fulfilled the academic requirements of the course and of the modules within it, (as stated in the course specification and in the University's general educational aims) and attained the standard required for the award to which it leads.
GRADING AND RESULTS:
All the programmes of the university shall follow the total credits as recommended by the Board of Studies and approved by the Academic Council and will adhere to the distribution of continuous evaluation and term end examination prescribed in the approved Programme structure.
|O ( Outstanding)
|A (Very Good)
B (Above Average)
|C ( Average)
The grading of students will be done based on the relative performance of the students compared to the class.
The evaluation is any course basically Internal (40%) and External Assessment (60%) format. Internal examination will be conducted for 40 marks. It will include two tutorials (10 marks each) and a Research Project (20 marks).
Symbiosis International University for 60 marks will conduct external written examination at the end of semester. It consists of ten objectives, 2 mark each (20 marks) and 4 subjective questions 10 Marks each with an alternative (40marks).
Suggested Evaluation Methods of Internal Assessment:
Continuous evaluation tests
Presentation/ Viva/ MCQs/ Quiz
Case presentations and discussions
Book reviews / Movie reviews
Open book examination
EXAM PROCESS STARTS WITH ASSESSMENT SCHEDULE FOR INTERNAL ASSESSMENT:
1. Exam process comprises of Internal Assessment and External Assessment
2. Internal Assessment has 3 components.
3. Each semester has 4-Credits and 2-Credit Courses
4. 4-Credit Courses embraces 100 marks and 2-Credit Courses embraces 50 marks
5. Internal Examination Results are declared within 7 days from the date of examination
1. After 90 days and 60 hours of teaching of instruction and preparatory holidays, the External Semester-end examination commences
2. Time-Table is displayed on the Notice-Board
3. Students apply for the Examination by clicking ‘ACCEPT FORM’ which is generated on the Official Website
4. Attendance below 75% fall under TNG (Term Not Granted) or CNG (Course Not Granted) and are not permitted to write their examination
5. The students falling under TNG and CNG have to take their examinations as a ‘backlog’ examination
6. 2-Credit Courses do not have External Examinations
7. After completion of final examination within 45 working days the final result shall be declared.