VENUE: ASSEMBLY HALL, SLSH 10.00 AM To 1.00 PM
Resource persons:Mr. K. Rajendra,Mr. A. Sridhar Sharma
INTRODUCTION: Lawyers and legal scholars use the phrase “law and economics” which refers to the application of microeconomic analysis to legal problems. Because of the overlap between legal systems and political systems, some of the issues related to law and economics are also raised in political economy. Law and economics emphasizes on incentives and people’s responses to these incentives. It stresses that markets are more efficient than courts and when possible, the legal system, according to the positive theory, will force a transaction into the market. Economics, whose subject, at the most fundamental level, is not money or the economy but the implications of rational choice, is an essential tool for figuring out the effects of legal rules. Knowing what effects rules will have is central both to understanding the rules we have and to deciding what rules we should have. Economic concepts are used to explain the effects of laws, to assess which legal rules are economically efficient, and to predict which legal rules will be promulgated. The fundamental assumption of the economic approach, to law and everything else, is that people are rational.
OBJECTIVE OF THE GUEST LECTURE:
Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad has organized the guest lecture on law and economic analysis to:
- Explain the effects of laws in relation to economic concepts
- To assess the legal rules which are economically efficient
- To predict which rules will be promulgated
1. Mr. K Rajendra has a vast teaching experience of 18 years at graduate and post graduate level including professional courses like CA, CS, CIMA and CMA. At present he is an Academic Director in Staregem Financial School, Hyderabad. Formerly he worked as a faculty in NALSAR University law, Hyderabad and designed a graduate course first of its kind on Economics of air transportation for law students. He was a member of Information committee and exam committee in NALSAR University. He also worked as a demographer in India’s First Bill on Disabled Peoples Rights (UNO Project) He has given lectures to Indian Forest Service officers and has taken video classes for graduate students in Environmental economics at EMMRC (Educational Multi Media Research Centre Osmania University, Hyderabad) which are broadcasted on the Vyas Channel (24 hrs Educational Channel by University Grants Commission India). He also takes audio lessons for Visually Challenged students of Jeyer Educational Trust, a (non commercial service Organization). He holds classes for Indian Air Force Pilots on Economics of Air Transportation. At present he is writing a book on “Economics of Air Transportation” along with CS. A Sridhar and takes classes on Economics of Air transportation for Master of Air and Space law Students at NALSAR University of Law. His research topic for Ph.D is Non Conventional Energies from Osmania University. He has presented several papers at International and National Level Seminars exclusively concentrating on application of Economics in law.
2. CS. A. Sridhar is a practicing Company Secretary, and has done his LL.M from NALSAR University of Law. He is a faculty for LL.B course at PG college of Law, Osmania University and he is also visiting faculty for various professional courses like CS, CA, CMA and CIMA in various institutions. He has presented several papers published in International and National Level journals along with Mr. K. Rajendra exclusively concentrating on application of Economics in law. He was also a Co-convener for Two Day National Seminar Jointly Organized by ICSI and PG College of Law, Osmania University in 2015. He is an editor for a book on Corporate Laws: The Challenges of 21st Century (Hyderabad: Asia Law House, 2015) along with Dr. G. Vinod Kumar and Prof. G. B. Reddy. At pesent he is writing a book on “Economics of Air Transportation” along with Mr. K. Rajendra.
10:00am Formal Introduction of the Guest Lecture
10:05 am: Welcome address, Introduction and Felicitation of the Resource persons by Prof. Dr. M. I. Baig, Director, SLS,H
10.15 to 11.30am Mr. K. Rajendra addressing the students
11.31am to 12.45pm Mr. Sridhar Sharma addressing the students
12.55pm Vote of Thanks by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Dari, Dy. Director, SLS, Hyderabad.
- 1. Prof. R. Radhakrishnan,